The ultimate urban brawler Streets of Rage 2 is now available on mobile! Play free and rediscover SEGA’s side-scrolling classic!
Mr. X is back, and he’s thirsty for revenge! After kidnapping Adam Hunter, Streets of Rage heroes Axel and Blaze join forces with Adam’s kid brother Skate, and wrestler Max to bring him to justice. Utilize all new blitz attacks and breakout moves in a city crawling with criminals and thugs, and put an end to Mr. X’s crime syndicate once and for all!
Streets of Rage 2 joins the ever-increasing line-up of ‘SEGA Forever’, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile!
• Four playable characters, each with unique ‘blitz’ attacks, capable of dealing incredible damage to your enemies.
• Insane cast of end-of-level and mid-level bosses, from jet-pack fuelled psychos, to ‘Big Ben’, the lumbering fire-breathing brawler!
• Eight side-scrolling levels to tussle through – from amusement parks, to munitions dumps, until you reach the Syndicate stronghold itself!
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
• PLAY FREE with ad-support or ad-free via In-App Purchase
• SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game.
• LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
• CONTROLLER SUPPORT: HID compatible controllers
“The best scrolling fighter you’re ever likely to play.” [★★★★★] - Retro Gamer #94 (September 2011)
“Crafted in the style of a fine sculpture.” [97%] - E. Storm, Diehard Game Fan Vol. 01 #3 (January 1993)
“Streets of Rage 2 is without a doubt the finest scrolling arcade beat 'em up on any format!” [95%] - Steve Keen, Computer & Video Games #135 (February 1993)
STREETS OF RAGE TRIVIA
Known as Bare Knuckle II: Requiem for a Deadly Struggle in Japan
The Japanese version of the game shows Mr. X smoking a cigar during the final boss scene
There's no need to fight the jetpack-weilding boss Stealth in Stage 6 – focus your attention on Souther instead!
Max Thunder was only playable in the 16-bit version of the game, appearing in neither the Game Gear nor Master System versions
STREETS OF RAGE 2 HISTORY
The game was first released on the SEGA Genesis in the US in December 1992
Developed by: Sega CS, Ancient, Shout! DW
Main programmer: Akitoshi Kawano